1/1 Photo of Chicken Chorizo (Pollo Con Chorizo)
1 hr 20 mins
Andrew Sudron's Note:
The star ingredient here is chorizo, a sausage I encountered in Spain and which gives this dish a wonderful flavour. It's not spicy as such, but full of flavour. Available from most supermarkets nowadays. Try for a unique experience
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 150 -250 g chorizo sausage
- 4 -6 pieces chicken breasts (either whole or cut into bite-size pieces)
- paprika (to season)
- 2 onions
- 6 garlic cloves (or garlic paste)
- 400 g canned tomatoes, passata (or equivalent)
- 2 bay leaves (fresh or dried, also called laurel)
- sherry wine (to flavour) or brandy (to flavour) or red wine (to flavour)
- salt and pepper (to flavour)
- olive oil (for cooking)
- boiled potatoes (to accompany)
- 1Season the chicken liberally with paprika.
- 2Brown the chicken in a pan using the olive oil.
- 3Remove the chicken.
- 4Meanwhile chop the chorizo into pieces and add to the pan. (Some peel the 'skin' off, but this is optional. Don't boil the chorizo! Fry it).
- 5Add and fry the onions with the chorizo; The juices from the chorizo will blend with the onion.
- 6Add the garlic and continue to cook lightly for a few minutes.
- 7Add the tomatoes, laurel, sherry, brandy and everything else, including the chicken.
- 8Cook on the hob or in the oven for another hour, stirring if appropriate. (Or put in the slow cooker for a few hours).
- 9Serve with boiled potatoes. Peas are a good accompaniment.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chorizo (Pollo Con Chorizo)
Serving Size: 1 (273 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 621.1
- Calories from Fat 335
- Total Fat 37.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 167.7 mg
- Sodium 933.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 54.5 g