Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I came up with this one night to satisfy my husbands love of Chorizo. It's easy, creamy and the kids goble it up. I usually just throw what vegetables I have on hand,since this is a good way to get some veggies into the kids.
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb chorizo sausage, sliced into bite size pieces (can substitute with linguica)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 scallions, chopped (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup peas (usually thrown in for the kids) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 1 lb pasta (ziti or rotelle work well)
- Cook pasta till al dente according to manufacturers recommendation.
- In a large non stick pan, cook chicken and chorizo with the salt, pepper, onion and garlic, until cooked through.
- Add the remaining vegetables and wine and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in alfredo sauce and heat through. Toss with pasta.
I needed to do something with Chorizo. This hit the spot! I didn't have chicken, so I used chopped ham. Left out the peas (I don't like them) added sundried tomatoes, and used home made Alfredo (didn't have any ready made). Turned out very nice, with a dash of red pepper flakes on top. Thank you for a quick and easy dinner to use my Chorizo!
This was good but not great, the peas made it a turn off for me. Next time I make it I will leave then out and also use a homemade Alfredo sauce. We will keep it in our cookbooks, but it will not be made often. Thanks for the recipe.