Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very simple and delicious 1-pot wonder. If you can't cook - this is the recipe for you.
Make and share this Chicken Chorizo Hotpot recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced
- 2 potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 green capsicum
- 12 olives (green or black or both, pitted)
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried fennel
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 a lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- Place all ingredients except the cornflour in a fairly large pan.
- Cover and simmer gently for about 1 hour.
- It should generate enough of its own moisture but check and stir occasionally and add some hot water if necessary.
- When it is ready, combine the cornflour in a cup with enough cold water to make a runny paste. (Cold water is important - otherwise it will go lumpy).
- Pour the cornflour paste into the stew, stir, and replace the lid for about 5 minutes. It will thicken to make a nice gravy.
- I like this with steamed broccoli.
Really tasty! The Chicken goes really tender if you put it in in whole pieces. Breaks up and blends in. Very nice with a couple of slices of wholemeal bread.