Another recipe courtesy Rachael Ray. I haven't tried this one either, but it looks really yummy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb chicken tenders
- 3/4 lb chorizo sausage
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 small red potatoes, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chopped fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 (15 ounce) bag red corn tortilla chips or 1 (15 ounce) bag blue corn tortilla chips
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (or any flavor you prefer)
- 1Preheat medium soup pot over medium-high heat.
- 2Chop tenders into bite-size pieces. Wash up, then season chicken with salt and pepper.
- 3Dice chorizo.
- 4Add EVOO and chicken to the pot. Lightly brown chicken 2 minutes, then add chorizo and garlic.
- 5Cook another 2-3 minutes, then add peppers, onions and potatoes.
- 6Cook 5 minutes, then stir in tomatoes, kidney beans and hot sauce.
- 7Add chicken stock and bring soup to a bubble.
- 8Preheat broiler.
- 9Reduce heat and simmer until potatoes are tender (10-12 minutes).
- 10Ladle soup into shallow bowls and top each bowl with a generous handful of crushed tortillas and cheese. Melt cheese under hot broiler.
- 11Garnish with scallions and herbs.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken, Chorizo and Tortilla Stoup (Stew-Like Soup)
Serving Size: 1 (1128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1706.0
- Calories from Fat 775
- Total Fat 86.2 g
- Saturated Fat 28.3 g
- Cholesterol 205.1 mg
- Sodium 2505.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 148.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.5 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 87.7 g