1/1 Photo of Chicken Chorba With Walnuts
1 hr 20 mins
This tasty Moroccan soup is flavored with cumin and saffron and garnished with walnuts. From Food & Wine's Annual Cookbook 2011, submitted by Edmond Orsoni
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toast the walnuts in a 350 degree oven for about 8 minutes until fragrant. Let cool.
- 2Slice the onion thinly and mince the garlic.
- 3Heat the oil in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Salt and pepper the chicken and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, about 8 minutes total. Transfer to a plate.
- 4Add the onion, garlic, and ginger to the skillet and cook over medium heat about 6 minutes, until onion is tender. Stir in the broth, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add the cumin and safftron.
- 5Return the chicken and any juices that have accumulated on the plate to the skillet and bring to a simmer. Cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, until chicken is cooked through. Transfer the chicken to 4 shallow bowls. Season the broth with salt and pepper and spoon it over the chicken in the bowls.
- 6Serve sprinkled with the toasted walnuts and chopped cilantro.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chorba With Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 514.5
- Calories from Fat 349
- Total Fat 38.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 331.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 35.6 g