Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great summer salad with an interesting combination of flavors. I found it in Quick Cooking magazine,
- 2 cups mixed salad greens, chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can peaches, drained and chopped
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup frozen limeade concentrate
- 1⁄4 vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh cilantro or 2 -3 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In large salad bowl, cobmine the first five ingredients.
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the limeade concentrate, oil, vinegar, cilantro, ginger and salt; shake well.
- Pour over salad and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.
- Serve immediately.