Adapted by the Los Angeles Times from Bluewater Grill in Redondo Beach, Calif.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb romaine lettuce hearts, chopped (about 2)
- 4 grilled boneless skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 8 ounces crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 2 ounces toasted pumpkin seeds, divided (pepitas)
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes or 8 ounces other small tomatoes
- 1 cup julienned red onion
- 1 avocado, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1In a large bowl, combine the romaine, chicken, one-half each of the feta and pumpkin seeds, the tomatoes, onions and avocado. Add 1/3 cup of the dressing and toss gently to combine. Taste salad, adding additional dressing as desired and seasoning to taste. Divide salad among 4 plates, topping each with remaining cheese and pumpkin seeds. Serve immediately.
- 2Avocado Dressing: In the bowl of a blender, combine the lime juice, vinegar, garlic, cilantro, green onion, salt, cayenne pepper and avocado and blend.
- 3With the blender running, slowly add the oils to form a thick, creamy dressing. Taste and adjust the flavorings and seasoning if desired. This makes a scant 2 cups avocado dressing, which will keep, covered and refrigerated, up to three days.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chopped Salad With Avocado Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (577 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1176.0
- Calories from Fat 951
- Total Fat 105.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.9 g
- Cholesterol 129.1 mg
- Sodium 1267.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 8.2 g
- Protein 41.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: