1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 5 mins
This soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling! Serve with warm tortillas and spanish rice. Garnish with chopped fresh avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, and crushed tortilla chips!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the chipotles in half and cover with hot water, steep for 30 minutes.
- 2After they soften, add the water and chipotles to a blender, add the garlic and blend till smooth.
- 3Scrub the chicken under running water.
- 4Cover the chicken with water in large pot.
- 5Bring to boil, adding half the chopped onion and salt.
- 6Boil chicken until almost falling apart (about 50 minutes).
- 7Remove chicken to cutting board, remove skin, and pull all the meat off with fork/knife.
- 8Return meat to pot.
- 9Add remaining chopped onion and spices and simmer for 30 minutes.
- 10Serve topped with corn tortillas, white cheese and avacado.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chipotle Tortilla Soup
Serving Size: 1 (246 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 603.9
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 162.5 mg
- Sodium 183.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 41.4 g