Recipe by RobBskz
This soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling! Serve with warm tortillas and spanish rice. Garnish with chopped fresh avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, and crushed tortilla chips!
- 1 whole chicken
- 4 dried chipotle chiles
- 1 large white onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 -6 chopped jalapeno (your call!)
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 12 corn tortillas
- shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the chipotles in half and cover with hot water, steep for 30 minutes.
- After they soften, add the water and chipotles to a blender, add the garlic and blend till smooth.
- Scrub the chicken under running water.
- Cover the chicken with water in large pot.
- Bring to boil, adding half the chopped onion and salt.
- Boil chicken until almost falling apart (about 50 minutes).
- Remove chicken to cutting board, remove skin, and pull all the meat off with fork/knife.
- Return meat to pot.
- Add remaining chopped onion and spices and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve topped with corn tortillas, white cheese and avacado.