Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this recipe in Ladies Home Journal. You can serve these with rice and salsa verde, in a tortilla with taco fixings, on nachos, rolled in enchiladas (my favorite), dipped in spicy cheese sauce or added to tortilla soup.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Roll meatballs and freeze or cook.
So simple and so delicious. I browned off my little balls in a frying pan, then popped them into a parmesan sub roll with some cheese and drizzled with gailanng's recipe #430587#430587, then popped it into the oven wrapped in foil for about ten minutes.......awesome!!
Good job that I froze a load of them, as DH is already requesting a second outing!!
Made and reviewed as a THANK YOU for tagging in PRMR during the recent TIC-TAC-TOE event.
These were really very tasty and can be quite versatile. I made 24 larger-size meatballs, then sprayed a frying pan with non-stick spray and browned them. I then baked them at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (until they cooked to 170 degrees). I packed some for lunch (and ate quite a few while I was packing). Thanks for sharing!