Recipe by Linajjac
We thought this recipe was awesome!Tons of flavor. Add your chipotles to taste. We like it spicy, so I add more. I also added way more cumin. Instead of topping it with plain sour cream, I topped it with Patriot Chipotle Ranch Dip That went wonderful with it! The recipe doubles very nice. Makes great wraps with leftovers. Before adding your bean mixture, taste to see if it needs salted. I added salt to mine. You may need more rice than the recipe calls for. Source - Chefmeow
- 1 lb skinless chicken breast half, cubed
- 15 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes (I used diced mexican tomatoes.)
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped canned chipotle chiles in adobo
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 corn tortillas (cut or torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 cups hot cooked white rice
- sour cream
- shredded cheddar cheese or monterey jack pepper cheese
- fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spray a rectangular glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken in an even layer in baking dish.
- In a bowl combine beans, corn, tomatoes, chipotle chili peppers, cumin, cilantro and garlic then pour mixture evenly over chicken.
- Sprinkle with tortilla pieces then bake for 30 minutes.
- To serve divide rice evenly among four serving bowls and top with chicken mixture.
- Garnish with sour cream, shredded cheese and cilantro if desired.