Recipe by pink cook
This light summer dish is infused with Mexican flavours. Peaches add juicy sweetness to the dressing. Reprinted with permission from the California Tree Fruit Agreement.
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from canned chipotle, divided)
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 2 ripe yellow peaches, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) bag romaine lettuce hearts
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Step 1: Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and brush with 1 tablespoon adobo sauce.
- Step 2: Grill over medium coals for about 5 minutes per side or until nicely charred and cooked through. Chill, then cut into small bite-size strips.
- Step 3: Meanwhile, peel and pit one of the peaches. Transfer to a blender container with the chipotle pepper, the remaining adobo sauce, olive oil, lime juice, salt and sugar and blend until smooth.
- Step 4: Pit and thinly slice the remaining peach and place in a large salad bowl with the Romaine and onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss well to coat. Top with tortilla chips. Enjoy it.