Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This light summer dish is infused with Mexican flavours. Peaches add juicy sweetness to the dressing. Reprinted with permission from the California Tree Fruit Agreement.
- 1 lb chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons adobo sauce (from canned chipotle, divided)
- 1 chipotle pepper
- 2 ripe yellow peaches, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) bag romaine lettuce hearts
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
- Step 1: Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and brush with 1 tablespoon adobo sauce.
- Step 2: Grill over medium coals for about 5 minutes per side or until nicely charred and cooked through. Chill, then cut into small bite-size strips.
- Step 3: Meanwhile, peel and pit one of the peaches. Transfer to a blender container with the chipotle pepper, the remaining adobo sauce, olive oil, lime juice, salt and sugar and blend until smooth.
- Step 4: Pit and thinly slice the remaining peach and place in a large salad bowl with the Romaine and onion. Drizzle with dressing and toss well to coat. Top with tortilla chips. Enjoy it.