Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Easily made in the crockpot.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups chicken stock or 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 6 green chilies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup cubed monterey jack cheese
- 2 limes
- Add the first 8 ingredients to a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5-7 hours.
- Thirty minutes before ready to serve, take chicken out and shred chicken meat; return shredded meat to slow cooker.
- Add in the green onions; cook on LOW until ready to serve.
- Divided the cubed cheese equally into soup bowls.
- Ladle the soup into the bowls, over the cheese.
- Add juice of 1/2 lime into each bowl; garnish with cilantro.