Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This quick, easy & tasty dish is something I created as a newlywed - the idea came from a recipe for chip dip using onion soup mix - and still make many years later. I usually serve it with broccoli and the sauce is very good over rice or noodles.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt, pepper &,paprika
- butter or margarine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- Brown chicken pieces in hot oil& place in oven proof casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper& paprika and dot with butter.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl& pour over chicken.
- Bake in preheated 350F oven for 1 1/2 hours.
This is really good. Definitely comfort food! It was easy to fix. I used chicken thighs instead of breasts. It only took about an hour to bake. I served it with beer rice recipe #28085.
Comfort food indeed! So easy to make, and cut-with-your-fork tender chicken. Gravy is delish - serve over rice please! My whole family loved this one, which is certainly saying something. FYI, I used 5 chicken breasts, and water in place of the wine (only because I didn't have any white) - fantastic! Definitely goes in my permanent cookbook.