Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
My grandma Lorraine Stromgren would listen to WCCO Radio's Joyce Lamont as she broadcasted a daily recipe. My grandma would sit by the radio with pencil in hand to write down those recipe favorites! A cookbook was published in 1979 after 10 years of recipes being broadcasted. Of over 2,000 recipes that had been broadcasted, the cookbook has the recipes that were the listeners' favorites. "Perennial favorite!"
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups diced onions
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 3 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups canned bean sprouts, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 cup toasted almond
- toasted chow mein noodles or hot cooked rice
- Melt butter in a saucepan and saute onion and green pepper until they are thender, but not brown.
- Add chicken; heat through.
- Add celery, bean sprouts, and chicken broth mixed with cornstarch.
- Simmer about 10 minutes, or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add soy sauce.
- Heap mixture on a large heated platter, and top with almonds.
- Serve with toasted chow mein noodles or hot rice.