Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From 365: No Repeats Rachael Ray. Serve with Terra chips.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chicken
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 cups shredded cabbage, mix
- 1 small red pepper, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano (stripped of leaves)
- 5 sprigs fresh sage leaves (stripped)
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme leaves (stripped)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley (handful)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 medium red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Prepare the chimichurri: Pile the herbs together and finely chop. Coarsely chop 2 cloves of garlic.
- Add the chopped garlic to the herbs and mill them together, chopping even finer, then transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the finely chopped red onions and the lemon zest. Add the red wine vinegar, a splash of water, and about 1/3 cup of the extra virgin olive oil and stir to combine.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken in a bowl and add half of the chimichurri sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Combine and form the chicken mixture into 4 patties, then add them to the pan and cook on each side for 6 minutes.
- Serve on a bun with tomato slices.
- Toss the cabbage and red bell pepper together and serve with the extra chimichurri sauce.