Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My daughter fixes these for her 6 kids. She needed something quick and easy. They are so big that she cuts them into 2 pieces especially for the younger kids.
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 5 pitted green olives
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 lb cooked chicken meat, shredded
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- Pour the cream of chicken soup into a blender along with the green chilies, olives, jalapeño, and lime juice.
- Puree until smooth, then pour into a saucepan, and warm over medium-low heat while proceeding with the recipe.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, and taco seasoning until well blended.
- Fold in the chicken.
- Evenly divide mixture among the 8 tortillas.
- Fold each tortilla into a rectangular packet around the filling.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Fry 4 chimichangas at a time until golden brown then drain on a plate lined with paper towels.
- To serve, place a chimichanga on a plate, and ladle the warm sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with Cheddar cheese and green onions.
- Finish with a dollop of sour cream.
Delicious recipe-- we love it very much and so easy to make. This is better than anything we've gotten at a restaurant. Thanks for the great recipe!