1/2 Photos of Chicken Chimichangas (Baked)
Chef Sharon R's Note:
I make a large batch of the chicken base and freeze in small quantities for quick thaw and fast meal prep. These are super easy, delicious and somewhat weight watcher friendly. Enchiladas, Tacos and Mexican pizzas can also be made from this Chicken base recipe - (see those postings for recipes). Use your imagination for other variations.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Chicken Base Ingredients
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded (I use store roasted chicken or 2 half breasts simmered in water until cooked. (Tip, shred chicken wh)
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 12 ounces chunky salsa
- chicken base
- 8 ounces reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend (shredded)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 low-fat flour tortillas (soft taco-size)
- 1Mix Chicken base ingredients in mixing bowl - set aside to use as filling.
- 2Warm tortilla's between paper towels for 20 - 30 seconds in microwave to make pliable for folding.
- 3Place 2oz of chicken mixture (squeeze juice out of chix mixture before filling tortillas) and 1oz cheese in center of tortilla - fold burrito style.
- 4Place on greased baking sheet and rub tops of each with olive oil.
- 5Bake 400° 5 -10 minutes per side or until golden brown and crispy on both sides (I use my toaster oven).
- 6Serve immediately OR refrigerate for a "grab & go" meal (my teenagers like these cold, on the go).
- 7For a beautiful presentation; serve topped with a dollop of sour cream chopped cilantro sprinkled over top and avocado slices on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chimichangas (Baked)
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 67.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 588.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
low-fat flour tortillas