Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family flocks to my house for these!! But, not a problem...They are EASY, EASY, EASY!! A friend gave me this recipe and it has been a MAJOR hit at my house.
- 4 chicken breast halves
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 jar picante sauce (Pace is great)
- 8 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- 8 burrito sized flour tortillas
- vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1 jar heinz chicken gravy
- sour cream
- Boil chicken breasts in water for 20 minutes, drain.
- Cut chicken into 1/2" cubes.
- Melt butter and saute onion until clear.
- Add chicken cubes and 1/2 jar of Picante sauce.
- Heat through.
- Pre-heat 1/4" oil in electric skillet.
- Microwave 1-2 tortillas at a time until soft and flexible.
- Spoon about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of chicken mixture onto tortilla.
- Sprinkle 1/4 c cheese on top.
- Fold tortilla over mixture in 1/3, fold ends towards center and fold over.
- Place in oil with flap side down and fry til golden.
- Turn over and fry other side till golden.
- Drain slightly on paper towel.
- Serve with warm chicken gravy drizzled on top with a dollup of sour cream and picante sauce.
When I try a new recipe it is usually hit or miss with my family. Although my family gave this recipe "two thumbs up"! I prepared it exactly how it says. It is a very easy to prepare! I will be making this again real soon!