Recipe by Sherri35
My family really likes these. Sometimes I will triple the recipe and put away lots of them in the freezer for quick meals later. You can vary the ingredients using different cheese or ground beef, etc. It makes about 8-10 chimichangas.
Top Review by basia1
This was great! I used black beans rather than refried, to make it a bit healthier, and it went over wonderful! I doubled it, put it in the freezer, and we had it last week for dinner. I only reheated it for 30 minutes (because I had defrosted them) and it was great. Fast easy recipe. Thanks!
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa (your favorite)
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans (fat free is fine)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package monterey jack pepper cheese
- 10 flour tortillas (about)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut block of cheese into approx.
- Dice or shred chicken (your preference).
- In large skillet combine chicken, salsa, beans and seasoning mix.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thoroughly heated.
- In another skillet, heat tortillas (1 at a time) for about 30 seconds per side so that they will roll up easier.
- Remove tortilla from skillet and place 1/3 cup chicken mixture on each tortilla near 1 edge.
- Top with a cheese stick, then roll up and wrap in aluminium foil.
- Bake at 350 (in foil) for 30 minutes.
- If you want to crisp it up a bit, remove the foil for the last 5 minutes or so of bake time.
- *Thesefreeze very well and you can bake them frozen in the foil for 50 minutes.