Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Spanish onions or 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 600 g ground chicken
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 2 teaspoons oil, extra
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 jar bought salsa
- sour cream (optional)
- Heat some oil in a frying pan.
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add garlic, cumin, allspice and chilli powder, and cook a further 30 seconds.
- Turn the heat to high.
- Add chicken mince and cook until browned.
- Add tomatoes and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir through coriander and set aside.
- Place mixture down the centre of the tortillas.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Tuck in the sides of the tortillas and roll up.
- Heat some extra oil in a frying pan.
- Place burrito seam side down.
- Cook on low heat until crisp.
- Cook by turning the burrito, until all sides are crisp.
- Serve with salsa, avocado and cream.
- Tip: You can use a 35g pack of taco seasoning instead of the spices.
This was a pretty nice, safe recipe. I enjoyed it quite a bit, and my boyfriend liked it a lot. Although, I did feel as though the mixture was missing something. Maybe salt? I'm not sure, but I look forward to tweaking this recipe in the future!
Great recipe, used rotisserie chicken and shredded it! Delish!
Just made this - everyone loved them. I didn't have canned tomatoes so used some salsa instead. Very tasty.