Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this in an outdoor kitchen book, these are so simple but are great served with satay sauce, even my toddler DD ate these up. Can be done on the BBQ or griddle plate.
- 250 g ground chicken
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup roasted cashews, finely chopped
- Combine all ingredients together and press mixture around bamboo skewers that have been soaked in water for 30 minutes Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium flame and cook until golden brown and cooked through.
- Serve with a satay sauce or place into long bread rolls and top with sweet chilli sauce, cheese & lettuce.
Very easy to throw together for a quickie of a dinner. I think I had too much chicken though, but it all worked together . I did add an extra teaspoon of chili sauce. Great meal enjoyed by all. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
This was easy to throw together and tasted pretty good too.I didn't bother with the skewers,I just made them into little sausage shapes,and grilled them.The children enjoyed them too,which is always a plus! Next time I think that I would throw in a touch more chilli sauce,as it didn't quite come through enough for me,and as the children virtually drink the stuff,they won't object either. Thanks for a lovely little recipe Mandy.Made for ZaarTag.