Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Spain and the World Table
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- boneless skinless chicken breast
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 cup minced onion
- 3⁄4 cup small dice green pepper
- 1 cup small dice red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup serrano ham, julienne
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 4 plum tomatoes, cut into small dice
- 1 teaspoon spanish hot paprika
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 16 slices toasted bread (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add chicken and season with 2 teaspoon salt.
- saute chicken until outside is just cooked, about 2 minutes.
- Add brady and flambe it.
- remove chicken and reserve until needed.
- Put pan back on heat and add remainng 2 tablespoon of oil.
- Add onions, peppers, and ham to pan.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes or until the garlic begins to brown.
- Stir in tomatoes, peppers, chicken broth and the reserved chicken.
- Cover and stew over low heat for about 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper
- Garnish with parsley
- Serve with slices of toated bread, if desired.