- 3 -4 chilies, seeded and chopped
- 3 lbs chicken, cut up
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced up
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and oil and brown chicken and set aside, cover with foil to keep warm.
- Sauté onion until soft.
- Add broth, nutmeg, salt, pepper and chilies-bring to a boil.
- Add chicken back to the pot, cover and reduce heat to a simmer until done-45 minutes or so.
- When chicken is done sprinkle chopped tomato on top and serve or cover with lid of pan to heat tomato through--however you would like it.