Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
White beans and chicken pack this hearty stew with more than 40 grams of protein and 17 grams of fiber. GOOD TO KNOW: Beans are a great source of fiber. Beans mixed with rice are a great source of complete protein.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 (15 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle chiles in adobo
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a nonstick saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; saute until soft. Add cumin, beans, and broth to pan. Remove seeds from 1 chile; chop chile. Add chile and 2 teaspoons adobo sauce to bean mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 15 minutes. Blend 1 cup bean mixture in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return puree to pan; add chicken. Cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated; stir in cilantro.