Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made the Marie Callendar's cornbread from the packet (we live in Scotland and they don't have cornmeal here for me to make my own from scratch!) and I was trying to toss all of our leftover food to make dinner; this was the very yummy result.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 small white onion
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (8 ounce) canchopped Italian tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can lentils
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft.
- Add chicken breasts (cut into pieces) with 1/2 tablespoon of the chili powder and stirfry until cooked through.
- Add bell pepper and cook until soft.
- Meanwhile, in another skillet add tomatoes and lentils with the 1 1/2 remaining tablespoons of the chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon paprika, dash of Worchestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste, over low heat.
- Once chicken is cooked add it to the bean/tomato mixture and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add more salt and pepper or spices according to preference.
- Serve over 1 piece of cornbread split into two.