Recipe by Becky in Wisconsin
I discovered this recipe in a magazine - not sure where or which one - and tweaked it to my liking, and here is the result. I like mine with sour cream, cheddar cheese, raw onions, and black olives on top.
Top Review by DebS #2
This is wonderful chili! Just a little different with the yellow and red peppers in it. Our family loved it! I doubled the recipe and froze some for later - but I think I'll be using it soon:)
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, and cubed
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pot, saute chicken, peppers, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in seasonings and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in beans, tomatoes and beer; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Stirring often.
- *I have done this in the 15 minute time frame, and leaving it simmer all afternoon - either way is good.