Becky in Wisconsin's Note:
I discovered this recipe in a magazine - not sure where or which one - and tweaked it to my liking, and here is the result. I like mine with sour cream, cheddar cheese, raw onions, and black olives on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, and cubed
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (28 ounce) can plum tomatoes with liquid, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 1In a pot, saute chicken, peppers, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2Stir in seasonings and cook for 3 minutes.
- 3Stir in beans, tomatoes and beer; bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes. Stirring often.
- 5*I have done this in the 15 minute time frame, and leaving it simmer all afternoon - either way is good.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chili With Black Beans
Serving Size: 1 (344 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 333.7
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 448.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 24.3 g