Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is from Taste of Home.
- 3 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 113.39 g canchopped green chilies
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 9.85 ml ground cumin
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, rinsed, drained
- 793.78 g can Italian plum tomatoes, chopped, undrained
- 236.59 ml chicken broth
- In a Dutch oven, saute chicken, red peppers, onion and garlic in oil for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add green chilies, chili powder, cumin and coriander; cook for 3 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes, and broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring often.
Very good! I will make again. Needs some salt & pepper which was easily added. I also gave it a dash or two of red hot sauce, just for a teensy kick.
Delicious, simple-to-make chili! I don't care for onions so added a green bell pepper, and I had some cooked shredded chicken on hand so I used that instead of sauteing chicken. Healthy recipe with great flavor - thanks for sharing the recipe!