I got this recipe from my friend Shelly. I made a few modifications for my family and now it's one of our favorite dinners. It is very low point friendly (if you're on Weight Watchers) and high in taste. We have enjoyed it year round.
- 1 (10 ounce) can canned chicken (white meat)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can rotel (or 1 can of tomatoes)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can corn (or use frozen corn)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups Pace Picante Sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (2 cups)
- Saute chicken, onion, garlic, and green pepper in cooking spray.
- Add remaining ingredients. Heat on stove until warm throughout.
- (You can also cook this in the crockpot on low all day or high for a few hours--no need to saute veggies for the crockpot version.)
- If desired, top stew with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocados, and crushed up tortilla chips. My kids love to eat this as a dip for their chips. I serve it with the baked version of tortilla chips.