Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A real family pleaser.
- 1 lb ground chicken (500 gram)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (15 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, preferably Mexican style (398ml)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup green beans
- 1 cup macaroni or 1 cup elbow macaroni or 1 cup rotelle pasta
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, for serving day
- In a large skillet, cook chicken with garlic over medium-high heat fro 5 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, oregano and cumin. Bring to boil. Stir in macaroni and green beans; bring back to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, until the beans and pasta are tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To freeze: Let pasta mixture cool. Spoon into freezer containers, seal, label and date. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To serve: Thaw in microwave or refrigerator overnight. Reheat in baking dish at 350°F (180°C) for about 30-35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve sprinkled with cheese with bread and a salad.
I wasn't really sure how it would turn out, but it was really good. I'm glad I came across it.