1 hr 20 mins
this is adapted from a Barefoot Contessa recipe. use whatever beans you like. the tomatoes i like are Muir Glen fire roasted. any bell pepper color is fine, i just like the mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 large breasts)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, chopped (plus a little of the sauce)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 56 ounces diced tomatoes (i like the fire roasted kind)
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 15 ounces chili beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounces kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1cook chicken- boil or bake- cool and shred or chop.
- 2heat oil in a dutch oven or heavy pot and saute for 5 minutes.
- 3add garlic, peppers and spices, saute 5 more minutes.
- 4add tomatoes and stock, simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- 5add chicken and beans, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes, add liquid to your liking or simmer until thickened to your liking.
- 6i serve with bread or corn bread for dipping, sour cream, cheese and fritos are good too.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chili- It's Red, Not White!
Serving Size: 1 (592 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 320.5
- Calories from Fat 68
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 1367.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chipotle chiles in adobo