Recipe by Purdy Good Cook
Chicken chili is a nice change from the regular old beef chili. In a bread bowl its even better! Fruit salad with this chili is a great combination.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil (5 mL)
- 1 (284 ml) can sliced mushrooms
- green red yellow pepper (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2-1 tablespoon red chili paste (7 to 15 mL)
- 1 tablespoon cumin (15 mL)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (19 ounce) canmixed beans (Primo)
- 1 (19 ounce) canaylmer diced tomatoes
- 8 slices crisp bacon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (15 mL)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (125 mL)
- 2 -3 cups reserved cooked chicken (500 mL to 750 mL)
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels (250 mL)
- 150 g dark seedless grapes
- 150 g green seedless grapes
- 2 mandarin oranges
- honeydew melon
- french vanilla yogurt
- 4 -6 multigrain buns
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese (125 mL)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Heat oil in pan. Sauté mushrooms then add peppers, chili paste and cumin.
- Add beans, diced tomatoes, bacon strips, maple syrup and ketchup and bring to boil stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer.
- Fold in cooked chicken and corn.
- Mix chopped fruit together and place in bowls. Drizzle with yogurt.
- Hollow out buns and place on cookie sheet in oven. Turn oven off but leave buns inches.
- When dinner is ready to serve scoop chili into buns, top with grated cheese and return to oven on broil. Watch carefully until cheese bubbles.