Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this recipe from one of my friends in small group that shared it with us one evening. Tasty and light. Similar to a pozole. Delicious without the fat. You can add some cornstarch at the end to thicken it up :)
- 4.92 ml unsalted butter
- 2 slice Canadian bacon, chopped
- 4 jalapeno chiles, seeded and finely chopped (medium-strength)
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml fresh thyme leave
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 236.59 ml corn kernel (frozen, fresh, or canned)
- 1182.95 ml chicken broth
- ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a nonstick pot and fry the chiles, bacon, onion, and garlic until the onion is soft, adding a dash of water if necessary to prevent sticking.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
- Season to taste with black pepper.