Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Awesome little appetizers that look so elegant, and are so easy. Recipe is from spoonful.com.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cooked chicken, finely diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 30 miniature phyllo cups
- Heat the oven to 350º. In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper. In another bowl, toss together the chicken, chilies, cilantro, and cheese.
- Place the phyllo shells on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon of chicken filling into each shell, then add about 1 teaspoon of the egg mixture. Let the shells sit for about a minute so the egg can settle to the bottom. Then add about another teaspoon of egg to each shell, filling it close to the top.
- Bake the cups until the custard is set, about 15 minutes. After the cups have cooled, freeze them for up to 2 weeks. To serve, simply reheat them in a 350º oven until heated through, 10 to 15 minutes. Makes 30 quiches.