Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Wonderful casserole that is so easy to make.
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces half-and-half
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (2 lb) packagefrozen cubed hash browns
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (I use leftover)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Mix sour cream,half and half, onions, chilis, salt and pepper.
- Stir in potatoes, chicken and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Pour into greased 13x9 baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese before serving.
This is what I call hearty, comfort food. Really, this was easy to put together and a short cooking time. The flavors all complimented each other. I loved this country style dish. You did it again, Nez! You have the best collection of recipes, hands down! Thanks so much for posting this one.
Definitely comfort food -- a cozy one dish meal. I used fresh chillis instead of canned, frozen potato rostis instead of hashbrowns and single cream instead of half and half - all because I'm the UK and those substitutions are as close as I can buy here. This was absolutely excellent. Will definitely do again as a treat -- the calories are high!
What a tasty and easy dish!! I made this tonight and didn't change a thing! The green chilies gave this casserole just enough "heat"!! Since there is only two of us, we've got lots left for another meal! Thanks for this great recipe Mizz Nezz! I'll certainly be making it again.