Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Received from a friend
Make and share this Chicken Chili Blanco recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb chicken breast tenders or 1 lb chopped onion
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 30 ounces great dry northern white beans, drained
- 7 ounces mild diced green chilies
- 1⁄2-1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon diced and seeded jalapeno
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche or 1⁄2 cup Mexican crema
- Sauté chicken: heat vegetable oil in large pan over medium- high heat and add chicken tenders. Cook 5 to 6 minute turning as necessary. Remove chicken from pan and set aside, when cool shred into bite sized pieces.
- Sauté onion and garlic: add the chopped onion and garlic to pan and cook stirring occasionally for 2 to 3 minute remove from pan and set aside.
- Cook Chili: place the onions, garlic, beans, chilies, chicken broth, jalapenos, cumin and oregano in large pot. Bring to boil over medium heat, reduce heat to low. Cook stirring occasionally for 10 to 15 minute stir in chicken, jack cheese, and crème fraiche. Cook just until cheese is melted and chicken is warmed through. If the chili is too thick it can be thinned with more chicken broth.