1/1 Photo of Chicken Chili Bake
1 hr 20 mins
Ambassadress of GoodHumor's Note:
The unexpected blend of curry and Southwestern-style flavors in this dish yields a delightfully different taste. Note to weight watchers: Try using all fat-free, reduced-sodium versions of the listed ingredients to lower fat grams and caloric content. Adapted from an old Southern Living recipe clipping (circa 1980).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked
- 1 1/2 cups ready-to-serve fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) jar mild salsa (1 1/2 c.)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1Combine rice and chicken broth in a saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Cover, reduce heat and simmer 50 minutes or until the moisture is absorbed.
- 4In a large bowl, combine chicken and remaining ingredients.
- 5Stir in rice.
- 6Spoon into a 2 quart casserole dish coated with vegetable spray.
- 7Bake at 350* for 30 minutes or till bubbly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chili Bake
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 245.9
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 43.2 mg
- Sodium 867.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 18.4 g