Recipe by Dave C
Rib sticker #2
Top Review by andypandy
I felt that without any more water or broth added, that the tomato paste was a little overwhelming. IIt would nake a five star recipe with some tweaking , less paste, and a little cummin added would be nice. The heat in the recipe came from the crushed chile flakes, but should come from other spices also in my opinion.
- 2 lbs ground chicken
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced canned tomatoes (with juice)
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) can red kidney beans, drain and rinsed
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon crushed chile
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground chicken in skillet and set aside.
- Drain fat.
- Add oil to Dutch oven or pot.
- Heat to high.
- Sauté onion 3 minutes.
- Add red and green peppers, celery and garlic, continue to sauté for 3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes paste and heat 1-2 minutes , stirring continuously.
- Pour a little chicken broth or water into pan to deglaze it.
- Mix the ground chicken with the vegetable mixture and add the tomatoes with their juice, beans, and chili powder and crushed.
- Simmer uncovered until chili reaches your preferred consistency and cover and cook for 2-3 hours .
- Add black pepper and adjust seasonings to taste.