Prep 25 mins
Cook 35 mins
A quick and tasty chicken chili. Serve over rice.
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sweet red peppers, seeded, cored and chopped
- 5 jalapeno peppers, finely chopped (leave seeds in for extra heat)
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 6 boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 8 ounces pitted olives, sliced
- 1 cup beer
- 1⁄4 cup grated unsweetened chocolate
- grated cheddar cheese, for topping
- sliced scallion, for topping
- Heat half of the oil in a soup pot over high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add peppers and sauté for 10 minutes.
- Stir in chili powder, cumin, coriander, and cinnamon; cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Brown chicken in batches in the remaining 3 tblsps oil in skillet.
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes with juice, olives, and beer to the soup pot; stir.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve and garish with grated cheddar and scallions.
i just loved it. I added less jalapenos and fresh tomatoes instead for the canned. I skipped the cheddar cheese and served with brown rice. I'm so glad I choose it for the ZWT 2006. Thanks for that great dish Ev!