Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Found this on a blog called the average cook. I haven't tried it yet but it sounds delicious!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup canned diced green chiles
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini beans or 1 (16 ounce) canother white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and chicken; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add carrot, bell pepper, and celery; sauté 4 minutes,add garlic.
- Add chiles and the next 6 ingredients then broth. bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 25 minutes.
- Stir in Classic Pesto.