1/1 Photo of Chicken Chili
1 hr 5 mins
I tried this recipe for a work chili cook off. The women said I was the winner, but the men say it can't be considered chili! Whatever you call it, it is super delish and low in fat! Our local grocery store, Hy Vee, had this in their handout.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup white shoepeg corn, frozen and thawed
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded (optional)
- 1Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium-heat. Add chicken, onions and garlic. Sauté for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2Meanwhile, bring chicken broth, cumin, coriander, ground white pepper, lime juice and jalapenos peppers, if using, to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Add the chicken mixture, beans, corn, yellow pepper, red pepper, mushrooms and white wine to the Dutch oven. Cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5Garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (358 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 269.0
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 40.1 mg
- Sodium 223.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 24.5 g