Recipe by ChefDarlingNikki
I tried this recipe for a work chili cook off. The women said I was the winner, but the men say it can't be considered chili! Whatever you call it, it is super delish and low in fat! Our local grocery store, Hy Vee, had this in their handout.
Top Review by teresas
Loved the flavor of this chili. It is so funny DH asked what it was and he said "This isn't chili" how funny is that? I cut the recipe in half and used yellow corn and low fat cheddar cheese. Very tasty this is a keeper. Made for Spring PAC 2010. Thanks for posting. :)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup white shoepeg corn, frozen and thawed
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- colby-monterey jack cheese, shredded (optional)
- Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium-heat. Add chicken, onions and garlic. Sauté for 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, bring chicken broth, cumin, coriander, ground white pepper, lime juice and jalapenos peppers, if using, to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Reduce heat to medium; cover and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken mixture, beans, corn, yellow pepper, red pepper, mushrooms and white wine to the Dutch oven. Cover and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Remove from heat.
- Garnish with shredded cheese and sour cream.