Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Slightly spicy chili made with chicken and great northern beans.
- 5 chicken breasts
- 4 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 5 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 4 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- 2 -3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cumin
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In 8 quart pot bring water to a boil, add whole chicken breasts, onion and garlic.
- Boil until chicken is fully cooked and tender. Approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken, let cool enough to dice or shred (depending on preference).
- While chicken is cooling add beans, green chilies, lime juice, pepper, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt.
- After chicken is diced, return to pot.
- Simmer 2 hours on low heat, or until chili is at desired consistency.
- The longer it simmers the more the flavors compliment each other.
- Stir frequently to prevent scalding on bottom of pan.