Feingold Mom's Note:
This was a search for a chili that I could make with no red meat but still have the protein from a meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs chicken, chub (thawed)
- 1/3 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup carrot (shredded or chopped)
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped fine)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 1/2 cups summer squash (zucchini or crookneck or patty pan or whatever)
- 15 ounces black beans, canned (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 dash cinnamon
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon jalapeno pepper (fresh minced) (optional)
- 1 large fresh tomato (chopped) (optional)
- 1In a heavy dutch oven or your favorite chili pot: Over medium heat, brown thawed Ground Chicken with onions and spices.
- 2Add chopped veggies and beans, and cook over medium heat until tender.
- 3Add tomato puree, Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat and allow to cool prior to service. Can be made 1-2 days ahead of time.
- 5Top with grated Pepper Jack, Cheddar, or Monterey Jack Cheeses. For a lighter alternative: chopped green onion and Sour Cream! Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (381 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.4
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.0 mg
- Sodium 108.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 23.7 g