Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great freeze ahead soup. It heats up well. Can also be used for Chili-Cheese Burritos also posted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup large onion, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups chopped sweet green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) cansmall white beans, drained,rinsed and mashed
- liquid hot pepper sauce
- Mix 1 tsp cumin,1/2 tsp salt and chicken in bowl.
- Heat half the oil in a pot.
- In 2 batches, brown chicken (approx 5-7 min) using remaining oil for second batch.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon to a plate Add onion, green pepper, remaining 1/2 tsp cumin, garlic, jalapeno, oregano and black pepper to pot; saute until vegetables are tender Return chicken to pot.
- Add corn and tomatoes and simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp salt, beans and liquid hot-pepper sauce and simmer 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
What an excellent chili! I will never fix beef chili again. 5 Stars!!