Another great freeze ahead soup. It heats up well. Can also be used for Chili-Cheese Burritos also posted
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup large onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups chopped sweet green peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 jalapeno chiles, seeded and diced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans corn, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 1 (15 ounce) can small white beans, drained,rinsed and mashed
- liquid hot pepper sauce
- 1Mix 1 tsp cumin,1/2 tsp salt and chicken in bowl.
- 2Heat half the oil in a pot.
- 3In 2 batches, brown chicken (approx 5-7 min) using remaining oil for second batch.
- 4Remove chicken with a slotted spoon to a plate Add onion, green pepper, remaining 1/2 tsp cumin, garlic, jalapeno, oregano and black pepper to pot; saute until vegetables are tender Return chicken to pot.
- 5Add corn and tomatoes and simmer 15 minutes.
- 6Stir in remaining 1/2 tsp salt, beans and liquid hot-pepper sauce and simmer 5 minutes to thicken slightly.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (408 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 577.9
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 11.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 131.6 mg
- Sodium 566.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.1 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 63.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomatoes with onion and garlic