- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 0.5 (48 ounce) jar pinto beans
- 0.5 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 0.5 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- salt and pepper
- cayenne pepper (optional)
- fresh cilantro, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy stock pot, melt butter. Saute chicken until it is cooked through. Remove it from the pot and set aside.
- Saute onions in remaining butter/chicken drippings until onions are clear.
- Add broth, beans, and salsa. Heat to boiling. In the meantime, chop chicken to desired size.
- Add chopped chicken and corn, and bring to a boil.
- Add cumin and salt and peppers to taste. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Serve in soup bowls over rice. Sprinkle Cilantro over each serving.