Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
My friend made this for a girls weekend and I had to get the recipe!
- 4 (15 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 (4 ounce) can chilies (add another if you like more of a kick)
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1⁄2 red peppers or 1⁄2 green pepper, chopped
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Saute onion and garlic w/oil in large pot.
- Combine all seasonings.
- Place half of seasonings on chicken and bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- To large pot w/onion & garlic, add remaining seasonings, pepper and beans.
- Cut up chicken and add to pot with chiles, salsa and chicken broth.
- Let cook until thoroughly heated.
- Seve with shredded cheese, sour cream, hot peppers -- Enjoy!
This is delicious! It has the perfect amount of spice to it. I've made this several times now and have also frozen several containers of it with great results. Thanks!
Sorry but I really didn't care for this a whole lot. It was very runny to me and not really like chili.