1/1 Photo of Chicken Chili
Chef Dudo's Note:
I almost never eat "red meat" so this chili with chicken instead of beef became a very good alternative. Can also be made with red beans, kidney beans, chickpeas or whatever you fancy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 3 ounces mushrooms, large ones cut into half
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 lb canned white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3 -4 green olives or 3 -4 black olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro or 1 tablespoon parsley
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in large pan over medium heat.
- 2Sauté chopped onions, garlic, ginger root, and jalapeno chili 5 minutes.
- 3Add mushrooms, cook, covered, until mushrooms are wilted, about 5 minutes.
- 4Stir in flour; cook 1 minute longer.
- 5Add chicken, beans, chicken broth, oregano, cumin, coriander, cinnamon and bay leaf.
- 6Heat to boiling.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 8Discard bay leaf, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 9Spoon chili into bowls; sprinkle each serving with tomato, green onion, olives and cilantro/parsley.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 347.7
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 414.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 36.7 g