1/10 Photos of Chicken Chile Verde Enchiladas
This is the way my Mom has been making enchiladas my whole life. She got the basic recipe from neighbors when she was a teenager. They are made with flour tortillas instead of corn and get a pasty texture which we enjoy. We always eat this with Rice Chile Verde for a nice unhealthy comfort food meal. My Mom has also frozen these alongside the rice chile verde in aluminum containers...they bake up great in the oven!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (about 5 cups)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 -1 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2-3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced mild green chilies
- 12 -16 small fajita size flour tortillas
- 1 (28 ounce) can green enchilada sauce, plus
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 1/3 cup cheddar cheese, shredded to top
- 1/3 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded to top
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced black olives, drained to top
- 1Cook chicken breasts and shred.
- 2Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 3Stir together cooked shredded chicken, first 2 cups of cheeses, sour cream, onion and diced green chiles. It should be the texture of chicken salad.
- 4Coat the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish with enchilada sauce.
- 5Optional: If tortillas are going to crack you can warm them in the oven or dip them in enchilada sauce.
- 6Place a scant 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture on each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. **Use 1/3 cup of chicken mixture in thin tortillas.**.
- 7After all of the tortillas are filled and in the baking dish pour all of the remaining enchilada sauce over them.
- 8Top with the remaining 2/3 cups of shredded cheeses and sliced olives.
- 9Bake for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chile Verde Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 593.7
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.4 mg
- Sodium 2418.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 15.7 g
- Protein 31.2 g