Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light's superfast column, which means great for a weeknight or lunch.
Top Review by HEP MEP
These were a hit! I used more like a pound and a half of ground chicken to make sure I had enough, used salsa verde, and a box of tostada shells. I used shredded 4 cheese Mexican for the cheese. I'll be making these again since we eat a lot of tostadas around here. Thanks!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chipotle powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 lb ground chicken breast
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 4 corn tortillas, six inch
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you like)
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over med-high.
- Add onion and garlic; saute 2 min or til onion begins to soften.
- Add cumin, chipotle, and cinnamon; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken; cook 4 min or til chicken is done, stirring to crumble.
- Add salsa, water, and salt; cook 3 min or til slightly thickened.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice; remove from heat.
- While chicken cooks, place tortillas directly on oven rack; bake at 400 for 5 min or til slightly crisp.
- Place 1 tortilla on each of 4 plates; top each with 1/4 of the chicken, lettuce, and cheese. Top with sour cream if desired.