Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mmmmmm. From Cooking Healthy Across America.
Make and share this Chicken Chile Stromboli recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (10 ounce) canchunk canned chicken, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper (canned or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) canrefrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 6 pieces roasted red peppers, thin strips (from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 dash garlic powder
- parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease cookie sheet.
- Combine chicken, chile, cream cheese, 1/4 cup bell peppers, honey, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Remove dough from can and place on lightly floured surface.
- Unroll dough and spread chicken mixture evenly on it to about 1 inch of edges.
- Carefully reroll dough and gently press eddges to seal; folding ends under.
- Place loaf on cookie sheet.
- In another bowl, combine egg and water and beat well.
- Brush over top of loaf. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Arrange pepper strips about 2 inches apart on top of loaf.
- Use a sharp knife to cut 5-6 diagonal slices, 1/2 inch deep on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown.
- Combine butter and garlic powder and brush over warm loaf.
- Cut into slices and serve.