Mmmmmm. From Cooking Healthy Across America.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) can chunk canned chicken, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper (canned or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 6 pieces roasted red peppers, thin strips (from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 dash garlic powder
- parsley (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease cookie sheet.
- 2Combine chicken, chile, cream cheese, 1/4 cup bell peppers, honey, salt and pepper and mix together.
- 3Remove dough from can and place on lightly floured surface.
- 4Unroll dough and spread chicken mixture evenly on it to about 1 inch of edges.
- 5Carefully reroll dough and gently press eddges to seal; folding ends under.
- 6Place loaf on cookie sheet.
- 7In another bowl, combine egg and water and beat well.
- 8Brush over top of loaf. Sprinkle with parsley.
- 9Arrange pepper strips about 2 inches apart on top of loaf.
- 10Use a sharp knife to cut 5-6 diagonal slices, 1/2 inch deep on top of the loaf.
- 11Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown.
- 12Combine butter and garlic powder and brush over warm loaf.
- 13Cut into slices and serve.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Chile Stromboli
Serving Size: 1 (285 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.0
- Calories from Fat 126
- Total Fat 14.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 79.4 mg
- Sodium 1260.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 34.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted red peppers