Recipe by Topher
Mmmmmm. From Cooking Healthy Across America.
Top Review by Ceezie
I used the dough from recipe#31072 but other than that followed the recipe. I did add a bit more chicken and cream cheese. I agree with the other reviewed I would have liked the crunchy crust better and will add the garlic powder or garlic salt to the filling or to the egg wash. All in all pretty tasty and everyone enjoyed it. Thanks
- 1 (10 ounce) canchunk canned chicken, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red bell pepper (canned or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 (11 ounce) canrefrigerated French bread dough
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 6 pieces roasted red peppers, thin strips (from a jar)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 dash garlic powder
- parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease cookie sheet.
- Combine chicken, chile, cream cheese, 1/4 cup bell peppers, honey, salt and pepper and mix together.
- Remove dough from can and place on lightly floured surface.
- Unroll dough and spread chicken mixture evenly on it to about 1 inch of edges.
- Carefully reroll dough and gently press eddges to seal; folding ends under.
- Place loaf on cookie sheet.
- In another bowl, combine egg and water and beat well.
- Brush over top of loaf. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Arrange pepper strips about 2 inches apart on top of loaf.
- Use a sharp knife to cut 5-6 diagonal slices, 1/2 inch deep on top of the loaf.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are deep golden brown.
- Combine butter and garlic powder and brush over warm loaf.
- Cut into slices and serve.